What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about a user’s browsing habits or their computer, and depending on the information they contain and the way in which the user’s computer is used, they can be used to recognize the user.
Types of cookies
Cookies can be classified (1) according to the entity that manages them, (2) according to their purpose, and (3) according to the period of time they remain active.
According to the responsible entity:
- First-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by our company and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by our company, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. These include those used by social networks (such as Facebook) or by external content plugins (such as Google Maps).
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it, including those used by the company to allow for the management and operation of the website, enable its functions and services and identify the user.
- Preferences or personalization cookies: are those that allow the user to remember information so that they can access the service with certain features that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as language, the number of results to show when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which they access the service, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: are those that, processed by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, their browsing on our website is analyzed in order to improve the range of products or services that we offer them.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that store information on users’ behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows for the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
According to the period of time they remain active:
- Session cookies: session cookies last only for the duration of the visit and are deleted when the user closes the session. Their main purpose is to identify the type of device, support the security of the website or its basic functionality. They do not contain personal information that allows a person to be identified.
- Persistent or permanent cookies: are stored on the device’s hard drive and the website reads them every time the user makes a new visit to the website; they have a determined expiration date or expiration, after which the cookie stops working. They allow the user’s actions and preferences to be identified; analyze visits and help to understand how users arrive at the website and improve the services offered by it.
Our website uses the following optional cookies. The user must expressly accept their use so that we can use this type of cookie on their devices. The non-acceptance of optional cookies will not affect navigation on our websites.
All of these processing tasks will be regulated in accordance with legal regulations, and all of your data protection rights
How can I manage cookie preferences?
Cookie Settings (cookie consent banner acceptance link)
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking on the button above. This will allow you to revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent immediately.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change your browser settings to block/delete cookies. Below are links to support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from major web browsers.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer-bca9446f-d873-78de-77ba-d42645fa52fc
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.